Bead Inspired


What to do when feeling truly uninspired? For me cleaning up my workspace chaos often does the trick, but during this last funk the discovery of a lovely little bead shop in Barrie, Ontario was just the ticket! Mariposa Bead Company is a cute little out of the way shop with helpful staff, and a very nice selection of beads and bits. The shop was started by Tammy Kliewer, to help raise funds and awareness of Autism, her son has a serve form of the condition. Check them out at www.mariposabeadcompany.com

I found this great cabochon in the dollar bird bath in the corner of Tammy’s shop. I have no idea what the stone might be, but we’ll see how it works up as a pendant.

The final pendant is pictured below, I think I like it! It looks like it was just dug up from some Viking hoard. I used a hard boiled egg to patina this piece, I know.. very odd; but I forgot my Liver of Sulphur, so I tried a new old method. The results are a soft patina. Very nice indeed!

Comments

Popular Posts