Muriel, David and Amy

Muriel Duval's Lampwork Beads

Amy Waldman-Smith's Lampwork Beads

David Sivers' Lampwork Beads




I don't remember if I've ever mentioned to anyone, but I have an addiction.  This addiction is not destructive to my life, nor does it impair my judgement well maybe it impairs my judgement on the odd occasion.  It mostly manifests itself at bead shows.  Now you might think that beads are easy to pass by, and for most people I think you might be right.  But for me, presented with a table of hand made, flame worked, exquisitely detailed miniature presentations of floral gardens in glass, by some amazing bead maker is just too much temptation to walk away from.
I will agonize over the presentation of all the treasures laid before me, and with much deliberation will choose a few of these beauties to, in theory, go into my own jewellery creations.   I have a few favourite artists that I try to indulge my hand made bead hunger on a yearly basis.  David Sivers of pacificpyros.org in British Columbia, Muriel Duval of murielduval.com in Montreal, Quebec, and Amy Waldman-Smith of amywaldmansmith.com in Toronto, Ontario.  There are many, many, dare I say MANY others, but these three in particular I cannot resist.
I have only released a few of their wonderful creations from my collection, and incorporated into my silver jewellery.  But if you ever happen to purchase a necklace with one of their amazing works incorporated as a design element, remember you're getting a rare piece, a collaborative work of art, flame work artist and metal work artisan to adorn you!

Comments

Popular Posts